How do you decide on the title for a non-fiction book?
- Go to Amazon and do a search using the title/s you are thinking of. What comes up? What you were expecting? Anything with exactly the same title?
- Go to Amazon and take a look at the top-sellers in your category. Make sure yours stands out.
- Consider capitalising on a well-known phrase, saying or even best-selling title.
- Make it unambiguous – your customer is trolling through hundreds of titles; they need to be clear at a glance what yours is about.
- Include keywords in the title if possible, but don’t overload the title with keywords just so you hope the SEO is better.
- Get opinions on a shortlist and listen to the feedback.
With that in mind, please spare a minute or two to let us know which one of these titles grabs your attention and makes you want to buy a book on Emotional Fitness Training, a new book by Katherine Gordy Levine:
The Art of Emotional Fitness – Control the Emotions Trying to Control You
Tame Your Mild and Wild Feelings: An Emotional Fitness Program
The Art of Emotional Fitness Training: Taming Your Mild and Wild Feelings
Taming Mad, Bad, and Sad Feelings: An Emotional Fitness Training Program
Keeping Emotions in Check: An Emotional Fitness Program
An Emotional Fitness Program: How to Tame Negative Feelings